Message from Liz
I am very delighted to announce that I have secured a book deal with a publishers to draw together the many stories I have gathered as I took my show Outside the Box – A Live Show about Death around the country. There are about 400 to choose from which is incredible and they bring all sorts of really illuminating experiences to the table. Sadly, I won’t be able to use them all but you can find them on the website www.fullcircleproductions.org.uk
And I am still looking for more that cover themes that have not been touched on so fully. I wonder if you can help me with this. The deadline is the middle of October 4th. Not all stories received will necessarily get into the book but they will be featured on the website under a special heading.
I would very much like to hear more from people about how they experienced their grieving. The moments when it seemed unendurable and the things and people that helped or didn’t! We need to get more skillful about how we support people after a bereavement and this could help our readers become better informed.
I also want to hear from more voices of colour and those who live within a variety of different faith traditions about how those structures and beliefs have supported them.
Maybe you had to repatriate someone or have another unusual experience that you might be able to offer insight into.
How to present the story
- Write the story in the first person
- Length can vary from three sentences to two sides of A4. Write everything that you feel is important. I will be editing all contributions with the agreement of the contributors.
- Put your contact details on the top of the story – name, email and most useful phone number.
- Add details and sign a permission section as shown below and return with the story
- Send it to Liz Rothschild at firstname.lastname@example.org with the completed permission section
I give my permission for Liz Rothschild to make my story public via the website and through publication in her forthcoming book
Full name in capitals
Name as you would want it to appear in any credits
Thank you very much. We will keep you informed about how your story is going to be used and the likely publication date for the book. Your story might be just the one someone needs to read.
I look forward to hearing from you and do email me if you want to place an advance order for the book! Publication date should be autumn 2020.