Being Rock Workshop
Wednesday 21 November 2018
Timings: 10 am - 12.30 pm
Venue: Root & Branch Building, Westmill Farm, Watchfield SN6 8TH
A special opportunity at Westmill.
We are very lucky to be able to host the following workshop at Westmill: Being Rock!
Have you ever wanted to know how to respond when someone is sad, angry or frustrated? Or how to really listen when someone needs your support? How to enable people to feel heard, seen and witnessed?
Mandy Preece is a skills tutor, soul midwife (holistic end of life companion), motivational speaker and ambassador for Macmillan Caring Locally. Based on her volunteer training (for which Mandy was a recipient of the Princess Royal Training Awards).
Join Mandy for a profound, practical and inspiring exploration of what it truly means to be a Rock for someone. Come and explore what it means to truly listen:
- The importance of presence and silence
- Observing body language and how people talk when they really need to share
- A fresh look at listening skills and the essentials to support people to unburden
- How to use empathy effectively
- What hinders our ability to support someone
Contact email@example.com. Tickets are £10 per person, or £5 for FFG committee members or Westmill helpers.
Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.